So the last couple of days in Greece were a lot of fun. We left the boat and stayed in a hotel on the island of Corfu. I rented a vespa again to ride around the island and my parents rented a Jeep. Corfu is a lot bigger than Paxos where I last rented one of these things, so there was a lot more to explore. I got to see some really amazing parts of the island that I never would have been able to see otherwise. The next day I got to practice driving a stick in the Jeep my parents got. We drove across the island to one of the sand beaches (very rare) and spent most of the day there. The mountains and small roads of Corfu are a really fun place to drive a car like that.
So.. they left the next day and I spent the afternoon being lazy around Corfu Town.. reading and napping in the parks.. having a beer by the castle and sea.. and eating gyros until I had to hike to the airport. The flights to Athens and then Tel Aviv were fine, but I ended up meeting up with my cousin Etan and his uncle Hayim at like 1:45 AM.
The next day Etan and I went with his cousin and his friend to a rediculously good humus place in Ranananananana. I think it beats the place I went to in Akko -- Humus Sa'id. We went back to his friend Avi's house, smoked some hookah and hung out with his dog before going to Etan's new apartment in Tel Aviv. He's planning on moving there in the next couple of days so we'll be on a mission to find furniture and bleach to make it liveable and get rid of the smell. It is a very nice place though.. right in the middle of everything in Tel Aviv. We met Etan's other cousin after we came back who has 6 kids all younger than 12 running around the house like maniacs.
Today Etan had to work so I slept late and then went to Avi's house in the afternoon with Etan's cousin Yaron. They've been trying to help me with my Hebrew since that's all everyone is speaking and I really need to catch up. It's been fun though. I can understand most of the topics of their conversations, not necessarily their opinions, but it's working fine. Then we went to a park and played futbol (soccer) for a couple hours. It's been busy and crazy.. but that's Israel. It's definitely a lot of fun.
About the war in Gaza right now.... haha..
It's all over the news and the adults are talking about it. But it's not affecting daily life at all. Even though its not too far from here (since Israel is the size of New Jersey.. it's probably the distance from Trenton to NYC) it seems very far away. Interesting time to be here though.. that's for sure.
Anyway.. life is good. Until next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Max...tell me how to get onto your blog and I'll post a couple of the Greece pictures for you, OK?
Love, Mom
MAX...
I'm dying here in Ofakim without you. Why haven't you called me? Merav and I have been calling each other trying to figure out how to reach you. When are you going home? We're both free this weekend so you better call us. My/Our number is 052-566-8604, in case you forgot. I want to see you. CALL ME!!!
Post a Comment