We spent most of today on the beach in Lakka. Usually when you think of European beaches, you expect topless girls, which were plentiful here.... however.... my preconceptions of beautiful, exotic, European girls frolicking along the beach with long hair blowing in the wind was violently shattered as I saw the truth of European topless sunbathing.... 50 year old fat and flabby British women scattered along the rocky shores like beached whales shriveling in the sun.
Although disappointing, it didn't ruin a great day at the beach.
Another aspect of Greek life we've noticed is that there is a very precise formula involved with staffing a Greek taverna or restaurant. They are all family owned, so the parents run it while their sons and daughters are waiters, cooks, and dish washers. The attractive daughter is always the hostess or server, and the hideous one is ALWAYS washing dishes. We've had a great time finding the ugly one in every restaurant we go to. We even got pictures with some!
After two weeks, our boat is starting to seem pretty small, and tomorrow we will be moving back to hotels for a couple nights. Very exciting. I CANNOT wait for a bed and a shower!
Still having a lot of fun. Until next time ---

2 comments:
One thing Maz left out is that he sailed us thru the canal at Lefkas.
The canal is about 2,600 years old, and Max was at the helm -- pretty cool.
Cathy and I are also looking forward to a real bed, not a bunk, and an honest shower...
Amazing trip...
Now that Peter & I are back from this amazing trip, I can enjoy it all again by reading Max's blog entries. Wish we'd had time to add some pictures we took along the way -- which are really beautiful. It is great to be home though, and I know Max will enjoy the rest of his return trip to Israel and hanging with cousin Etan. Can't wait to have him home for the balance of the summer....
Post a Comment