Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Rest of Part 2

In the morning, we tried again to make reservations for the Bahai'i gardens, but it was too late and all the tours were full. Along with the kid from Bristol, we decided to try our luck and see if we could squeeze onto a tour anyway, but we missed the bus and ran out of time. There was another tour leaving from the top an hour later, but it was in Hebrew, and it was full too, but we tried anyway. We tried to convince the guards to let us on, but they refused. While we were arguing with them, they got a phone call saying the group that was supposed to come in an hour had cancelled, so we took their spots.

The gardens were incredible. Definitely one of the most beautiful places I've been in the world. Some time in middle school I found a really nice picture of the gardens online that I used as my computer's desktop for a while. As soon as I found out it was in Israel, I added it to my list of places I need to go before I die, and I was not disappointed.

We got on a train and headed up to Herzliya to meet up with Gal and Nadav, our Israeli friends that we met when they came to do a program in New Jersey. But of course the train we took didn't stop in Herzliya even though it was supposed to. (Very Israeli.) We got off in Tel Aviv and then took the next train back to Herzliya. Nadav's mom picked us up and brought us back to their house in Ra'anana.

(Out of time.. I'll finish later)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow....thats a really nice picture....i really hope you are having a good time since you are away from all of us for 7 weeks....just remember to bring me back some sort of weird candy...i miss you!!!